[hobbit] Services

Henrik Stoerner henrik at hswn.dk
Wed Sep 12 13:07:02 CEST 2007

On Wed, Sep 12, 2007 at 12:26:12PM +0200, Nikesh Maharaj wrote:
> The current hobbit menu has bbd, bbgen, bbtest, conn, cpu, disk etc etc
>
> I would like to add 2 more onto this page. I have edited the
> hobbitserver.config file and added this in like
> SVCCODES=scmb:15000,merva:7117 etc etc

SVCCODES has nothing to do with what tests you run. You must add the
test definitions to the bb-hosts file for the host you want to perform
this test on.

> Than I added this to the hosts file to monitor this service on that
> particular host but this does not appear on the web page.

What kind of tests - network tests or a custom test ? From the names
"scmb" and "merva" it sounds like these are custom tests.

Network tests must be defined in the bb-services file.

Custom tests have to send in a "status" message, and then they will
show up automatically. Hobbit doesn't magically know what a "scmb"
test is; you must explicitly run this test either as a server-side
or client-side extension script.