Page-based configuration in hobbitclient.cfg

Harald Husemann hhuseman at materna.de
Mon Sep 10 17:53:44 CEST 2007

Hi all,

I'm currently migrating our monitoring from BB to hobbit, and I'd like
to use the page-based selection in hobbit-client.cfg to specify
different tests for servers on different pages.
So, I've setup a couple of pages in bb-hosts which are already shown on
my startpage (no subpages etc.), and now, I added the following to my
hobbit-client.cfg:

PAGE=bsi
        PROC proftpd
        PORT LOCAL=%[.:]21$ STATE=LISTEN "TEXT=ftp"

So, I expected that servers on the "bsi" page should be checked for
proftpd, right?
Well, this does not work at all, and a "bin/bbcmd hobbitd_client
--dump-config" gives me the follwoing lines among others:

PROC proftpd 1 -1 red HOST=bsi (line: 372)
PORT local=%[.:]21$ state=LISTEN min=1 color=red HOST=bsi TEXT=ftp
(line: 373)

I would expect to see PAGE=bsi instead of HOST=...?!

Any ideas?

Thanks, and have a nice hackin'.

Harald