[hobbit] Virtual IP's

Anton Burkhalter anton.burkhalter at gmx.net
Sat Sep 8 10:21:21 CEST 2007

Hi

I assume that you have some custom scripts to monitor your service-groups.
- run the hobbit client  on each cluster member
- run the custom-script on each member, but add a function in the script
which checks first if the service-group is active on this cluster member,
==> if yes then go on, made your checks and send the status with the
virtual IP as the "origin".
==> if not then just exit the script and send nothing at all.

Tony

> Hi
>
> Can anybody assist me in setting up the hobbitclient for a virtual IP.
> We have applications that belong to service-groups with a virtual IP
> for each service-group.. We have three clustered servers that these
> applications can run on. So does not matter on what server the
> service-group/application runs it is always the same IP. I would like
> the hobbitclient to follow the virtual IP to what ever machine it is
> running on.
>
> Thanks
>
> *Henri Taute*
> *Media24 Content Production*
> *Tel: +27 21 4062495*
> *Fax: +27 21 4063143*
> *Cell: +28 82 8276124*
> *E-mail: htaute at media24.co.za*

> This email and its contents are subject to an email legal notice that
> can be viewed at: http://www.naspers.com/email/disclaimer.html. Should
> you be unable to access the link provided, please email us for a copy
> at Helpdesk at Media24.com.
>
> Hierdie e-pos en sy inhoud is onderhewig aan 'n regskennisgewing oor
> elektroniese pos wat gelees kan word by
> http://www.naspers.com/epos/vrywaring.html. 'n Afskrif kan aangevra
> word by Helpdesk at Media24.com.

***      Freundliche Gruesse     ****       Best regards     ***

Anton Burkhalter
Dipl. El. Ing. HTL
Mobile:+41(0)78 844-0290
mailto:anton.burkhalter at gmx.net

--
If you are not the intended recipient of this email, you are not
authorized to make any use of it; please delete it and notify me