Hobbit in Debian

Christoph Berg myon at debian.org
Sat Sep 8 00:35:00 CEST 2007

Hi,

so weeks ago I started looking into hobbit since one of my company's
customers is using it. Of course the fact that it wasn't included in
Debian so far was nagging me, so I took the packages from sf.net, used
Henrik's debian/ dir as base for mine, and uploaded the packages.

http://packages.qa.debian.org/h/hobbit.html

Of course there's probably bugs in the packaging, so comments would be
very welcome. The original packaging was already very usable, so many
thanks for the great work.

There's also a hobbit-plugins package, but so far it only contains 2
plugins (an "apt" check, and a related check for upgraded libs still
linked to running processes).

http://packages.qa.debian.org/h/hobbit-plugins.html

From a Debian viewpoint, the javascript to render the menu for the
webpages wasn't free enough, so I wrote a replacement using CSS only.
If that sounds interesting for inclusion into the next hobbit version,
I can post the files here. (Or you can get them from ftp.debian.org.)

Happy hobbiting,
Christoph
--
cb at df7cb.de | http://www.df7cb.de/