hobbitdboard via bbproxy

Buchan Milne bgmilne at staff.telkomsa.net
Tue Oct 16 12:15:01 CEST 2007

I have a multi-server setup, with one display/bbnet, and two other
bbnet/bbproxy boxes. The only access to the display server from some networks
is via the proxies. I now require some of the clients behind one of the
proxies to check the status of some of their tests, and I thought
hobbitdboard or similar would be ideal.

I can use 'bb $displayserver "hobbitdboard host=foo service=bar color=red"'
from the proxy, but I can't do 'bb localhost "hobbitdboard host=foo
service=bar color=red"' from the proxy, while say 'bb localhost "config
bb-msgtab"' does work from the proxy.

So, I don't see that I should need to change any configuration on the display
server, but why isn't this command working via bbproxy?

All boxes are running 4.2.0 with allinone patch from 20061003.

Regards,
Buchan