[hobbit] Henrik -- some notes on AIX and the 4.3 do_vmstat.c

Stef Coene stef.coene at docum.org
Wed Oct 10 21:32:33 CEST 2007

On Wednesday 10 October 2007, Kauffman, Tom wrote:
> The AixPower5 is where I ended up, except that I'm not stripping the
> decimal point in do_vmstat.c. The vmstat_ec values look correct, but the
> rrd dump shows a value of zero for vmstat_pc instead of the expected
> 1.00000000e-02.
>
> Time to play around a bit more; I'll add the decimal strip code and see
> what I get as a result.
>
> Thanks for the pointer to the AIX tips -- I've got an Oracle DBA that
> will enjoy the memory graphs. I obviously need to spend more time
> looking around :-)
I have lots of AIX enhancements (etherchannel, errpt, DS4 statitsics, iostat,
vmstat, hacmp, ...) but I don't have the time to document them.  Some of the
scripts are integrated in other custom monitor scripts.
I can not publish the scripts and information because this will not make my
boss not happy :(

Stef