[hobbit] Project Status

Trent Melcher trent.melcher at sitel.com
Tue Oct 2 16:42:25 CEST 2007

On Tue, 2007-10-02 at 10:23 -0400, Chris Strzelczyk wrote:
> Hello,
>
> My name is Chris.  I manage around 50 clients for my company which are
> being monitored by the free version of Big Brother currently.  I would
> like to move my monitoring over to the GPL Hobbit version.  Before I
> do so, I wanted to obtain a status of the release.  I noticed that CVS
> has been inactive on sourceforge lately.  Is this project currently
> being developed?  Is there a release plan anywhere on the site?

First off,  welcome.  This project is very actively being developed.
There is usally a new beta-snapshot released every night
http://www.hswn.dk/hobbit/

The current stable release is 4.2.0  and Henrik is working on releasing
4.3.0 ,  however no date has been set but it should be soon (Im
guessing)

Also visit The Shire for add-on and other information for Hobbit.
http://www.trantor.org/theshire/doku.php/about

Trent