[hobbit] Hobbit Client on linux works fine but not on Sun nor Windows

Henrik Stoerner henrik at hswn.dk
Mon Oct 1 13:37:18 CEST 2007

On Mon, Oct 01, 2007 at 12:52:37PM +0200, johan.boye at latecoere.fr wrote:
>   My first problem was that the config the alert for a specific host.
> The only way I've found is to configure alerts on the localclient.cfg of
> each client. If not, any information could be monitored by the server (I
> used to configure hobbit-clients.cfg & bb-hosts on the server but it
> never works :-/)

Don't use the local client configuration, if you can avoid it. Since you
do not provide any details about what exactly it is that "never works"
I cannot help you, but I would suggest looking into this first.

You *are* sending the client data to a Hobbit server, not the BB server?
BB servers are not compatible with the Hobbit client.

>   I installed the client on SunOS, it starts fine, I've configured the
> localclient.cfg on the client, bb-hosts on the server. The only thing
> monitored is the "conn"... looks at the Sun  localclient.cfg :

Please try to run the client(s) in the normal mode, that should give
you all of the standard columns, without requiring any configruation.