[hobbit] aix help

Mike Arnold hobbit at razorsedge.org
Thu Nov 29 15:25:51 CET 2007

Rebecca Henderson wrote:
> I'm trying to install the RPM for AIX client for hobbit and It complains
> about
>
> /bin/bash is needed by hobbit-client-4.2.0-7.aix5.3.re
>
> /bin/sh is needed by hobbit-client-4.2.0-7.aix5.3.re
>
> libc.a(shr.o) is needed by hobbit-client-4.2.0-7.aix5.3.re
>

> they are all there, can anyone help with this?
>
> Thanks in advance,

$ oslevel -s
5300-06-01-0000

$ lslpp -L rpm.rte
  Fileset                      Level  State  Type  Description (Uninstaller)
  rpm.rte                   3.0.5.40    C     F    RPM Package Manager

You may need to update your rpm.rte package.  As a test run this command:

$ rpm -q --whatprovides 'libc.a(shr.o)'
AIX-rpm-5.3.0.60-3

You can also manually run /usr/sbin/updtvpkg to update the AIX-rpm virtual
package.

--
-m