netapp.pl & cpu-test

martin.flemming at desy.de martin.flemming at desy.de
Fri Nov 23 14:19:57 CET 2007

Hi !

I've got a problem with or don't understand  the cpu-test ...

We've delete many data on the netapps,
and if we do an syststat -m local on the machnies
we could see

 ANY  AVG  CPU0 CPU1 CPU2 CPU3
 93%  27%    2%  16%   0%  91%
 97%  31%    2%  31%   0%  92%
 89%  28%    2%  23%   0%  86%
 61%  20%    3%  24%   0%  54%
 53%  17%    2%  20%   0%  45%
 93%  28%    2%  16%   0%  92%

but with the cpu-test we can see

Fri Nov 23 13:48:07 2007 up 134 days, 23:56 CPU Usage= 15%

System clock is 0 seconds off

Detailed CPU Summary
Total	= 46%
Avg.	= 15%
CPU0	= 2%
CPU1	= 17%
CPU2	= 0%
CPU3	= 39%

Ok, of course the time-interval is problem,
the default local on the machine is 15 sec and for netapp.pl 5 minutes ...

So, my Question

is  there a possibilty to make a graph for each of the cpu's ?

and which is best/optimize frequency to detect this cpu-usage ?

or can we have a graph for Average and Actual (maybe ANY ?) CPU-Usage for
all together and each cpu for his own ?

cheers,

       Martin

Martin Flemming
DESY / IT          office : Building 2b / 008a
Notkestr. 85       phone  : 040 - 8998 - 4667
22603 Hamburg      mail   : martin.flemming at desy.de