[hobbit] stale alerts

Gary Baluha gumby3203 at gmail.com
Thu Nov 15 15:26:43 CET 2007

On Nov 15, 2007 7:46 AM, Gore, David W (David)
<david.gore at verizonbusiness.com> wrote:
> I am running 4.2.0 with the allinone patch.  I do have a suspicion that
> external server side scripts could contribute to the stale alerts.  In my
> case, specifically a script that ssh's to a remote host and executes a shell
> script on the remote host.  It may also happen in conjunction with these
> errors in the logs, which someone else recently reported:

Hmm.  For the machines in question, we have a client-side script that
automatically restarts certain processes that tend to die on their
own.  It's not all of the time, but when it restarts them, it seems
Hobbit sometimes gets these stale alerts.  Thankfully it seems the fix
is just to restart the Hobbit server, but this should still be fixed
eventually.

> page.log.1:2007-11-05 16:20:53 hobbitd_alert: Got message 14425, expected
> 14424
>
> As soon as the issue with tooltips is resolved, I will be moving our primary
> hobbit to the snapshot release.
>  ~David

Sounds like this is something we should consider as well.