[hobbit] Hobbit CONN questions

Henrik Stoerner henrik at hswn.dk
Fri Nov 9 08:22:32 CET 2007

On Fri, Nov 09, 2007 at 08:14:32AM +0100, johan.boye at latecoere.fr wrote:
> I'm just wondering what triggers in the Hobbit code is used to make a RED ping status :
>   - after just one no echo-reply each 5min ?
>   - after a couple of no echo-reply ? How much ?
>   - What is the timeout used to declare the host unreachable ?

It goes red when the ping utility that is used (fping or hobbitping)
says that the host did not respond. How many pings are sent and what the
timeouts are is decided by the ping tool; see their man-pages for
details. You can tune this through commandline options for the ping
tool, these go into the FPINGCMD setting in hobbitserver.cfg