[hobbit] Roracle

Everett, Vernon Vernon.Everett at woodside.com.au
Wed Nov 7 00:38:56 CET 2007

Hi Stefan

If by Roracle you refer to bb-roracle script available from deadcat,
then yes, I have used it. (This contract, a few years back. Still have
the scripts and ksh binary)
Damn useful, once you get it working. Gave some good info. I don't think
it did any graphing, but I may be wrong.

The problem I encountered had to do with the subtle differences between
different implementations of ksh. I suspect this is where you are
getting stuck too.
Yes, ksh differs from one version to the next, and the implementation I
had on my server (Solaris Sparc) was just never going to work.

Eventually, I got so fed up, I downloaded a different version of ksh,
and put it in the ~hobbit directory structure, and changed the #! line
to point to the new ksh.
It was a horrible fix, but the best I could do under the circumstances.
:-(

If you are running Solaris on Sparc, I can send you what I have, but if
you on a different architechture and OS, you are pretty much on your
own.

Cheers