[hobbit] Hobbit 4.2.0

Manocchia, Robert Robert-Manocchia at IDEXX.com
Wed May 30 20:16:35 CEST 2007

Bob:

  The bb-hostsvc.sh file and others are in /usr/local/cgi-bin all owner by
hobbit:users with 755 as the permissions mask.

Robert Manocchia
UNIX System Administrator
IDEXX Laboratories
207 556-6860
EMail Robert-Manocchia at idexx.com

-----Original Message-----
From: Hobbit User [mailto:hobbit at epperson.homelinux.net]
Sent: Wednesday, May 30, 2007 2:07 PM
To: hobbit at hswn.dk
Subject: Re: [hobbit] Hobbit 4.2.0

On Wed, May 30, 2007 13:54, Manocchia, Robert wrote:
> I have the main screen for hobbit up and running on a Linux 2 server.
> However when I click on any of the colored icons I get the message Page
> Not
> Found. Is this a permissions problem or is it that apache does not know
> where to look for the page?

They're all (or mostly) calls to hobbit-cgi/bb-hostsvc.sh with various
arguments.  It sounds like you don't have the ScriptAlias set up for
hobbit-cgi in the Apache config.  "Linux 2" is not a recognizable distro
to me, in Red Hat flavored distros this is done via
/etc/httpd/conf.d/hobbit-apache.conf.

Could be a permissions problem on the directory or files within, though.
You typically want 755 on them.  If they're readable but not executable by
the hobbit user, you'll find browsers prompting about what you want to
open "xxxxxx.sh" with.

hobbit-unsubscribe at hswn.dk