[hobbit] BBwin script monitor sql 2005

Eric Meddaugh etmsys at rit.edu
Tue May 29 16:18:07 CEST 2007

I wrote one here to monitor msSQL servers, not sure on the version.  It
runs from the unix hobbit server, it requires DBD::Sybase and DBI.

The tar needs to be extracted to /home/hobbit/server/ext (change paths
in the files if you use a different structure ).

Change the "dbinfo" to reflect your login user/password.  You'll have to
grant access for the user to "sysservers" to select the "srvname" and
"srvid". (see scripts).

You'll just need to add to the host tag, "mssql:<PORT>"

At some point it may be expanded to gather more additional stats and
report it as "data" to the hobbit server.

It probably should be put into The Shire, however that is done.

---Eric