[hobbit] xml configs

Tod Hansmann thansmann at directpointe.com
Mon May 21 17:38:42 CEST 2007

I'm with Greg for his reasons, and the fact (yes, fact) that xml is
stupidly slow to parse compared to the alternative (no tags).  If you
don't need the conformity xml brings (i.e. standard format across
multiple unknown systems), then xml isn't advantageous, regardless of
how much hobbit's config files would be easily put into xml.

No offense meant, of course, Galen.  I think you're correct that it does
make an easy conversion to an xml schema.  It just doesn't make sense to
make it less readable with such a performance hit.

(I'd still like to see Henrik's take on the idea, though.)

Tod Hansmann
Network Engineer