Ping question

Jeff Newman jeffnewman75 at gmail.com
Wed May 16 18:51:37 CEST 2007

Hi,

I have 1 hobbit server that successfully monitors all of my servers.
(with all of the problems everyone mails about, just had to say that
up front heh)

But yes, I do have a question :-)

Hobbit server A monitors client B. Client B has a a private connection
to a network that nobody else can be on except for it. Client B talks
to some production server over that network. Today, that production
server went down. Now I have been asked to do the following:

I need to be able to ping monitor the production server. I can ping
the production server from Client B. Hobbit server A can ping client
B, but not the prod. server (as only client B has that ability)

So in other words "Hobbit - I want you to ping prod server through
client B" - the other way would be "Client B - I want you to ping
prod. server and report the status to Hobbit"

Help! :-)

Thanks,
Jeff