Possible bug related to logfetch in 4.2.0

Peters, Ron rpeters at columbia.com
Fri May 11 21:01:34 CEST 2007

I have a hobbit server running on RHEL 4 and the client for that server is reporting everything except for files and msgs.  This may be some other configuration, but what I've narrowed it down to is BBDISP and BBDISPLAYS.  When I have BBDISP set to 0.0.0.0 and BBDISPLAYS set to the (2) IP addresses (itself and another server) of the two servers I have, the logfetch.server.cfg file isn't created.  Actually it seems to be created with zero bytes and then deleted.

When I change BBDISP to its own IP address and null BBDISPLAYS, the logfetch.server.cfg file is created and everything starts working.

Is this a configuration problem that I'm not understanding?

Thanks.