Metrics Question

Camp, Neil D. (ManTech) CTR neil.camp.ctr at deca.mil
Fri Mar 30 14:43:35 CEST 2007

 Hello all,

I have a question about metrics. My boss is looking for a way to track
our application and database uptime metrics. I already do simple
connection checks to the databases and applications, but that really is
not a good indicator. The application/database could be down, but the IP
address would still be available. I was wondering if/how anyone in the
community is using Hobbit to watch/monitor application/database uptime
metrics. Any and all suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Thank
you!