Custom graphs again

Stewart stl19847 at yahoo.com
Thu Mar 29 05:41:03 CEST 2007

So, I have a bit of a situation.

I have a number of firewalls of various models that I am querying via
SNMP for their interface statistics.

Some have 6 ports on them, some have 8.
Some are named port1,port2,port3, etc.  Some are named
inertnal,external,wan1, etc.

I'd like to get around having to do a custom rrd setup for each model of
firewall.

in that vein, it would be nice if I can get the data stored in a
separate RRD file for each interface (the same way that there is a
separate RRD file for each partition on a disk test) so that I can use
the file @RRDFN@ and @RRDPARAM@ stuff to work, but I'm unsure how to do
that.

little help?

--