orcahobbit

John Glowacki johng at idttechnology.com
Thu Mar 22 15:32:18 CET 2007

On 4.2 with the latest allinone patch I am trying get it to display some
orca data. Trying to start with ncv. I see the client collecting data.
On the server side I don't see anything in the logs related to orca and
no orca rrd file is being created. I may not be looking in the right
place. Do I need to write a script go collect the data?

clientlaunch.cfg:
[orcadata]
#       DISABLED
        ENVFILE $HOBBITCLIENTHOME/etc/hobbitclient.cfg
        CMD $HOBBITCLIENTHOME/bin/orcahobbit
--orca=/var/orcallator/data/orcallator --debug
        LOGFILE $HOBBITCLIENTHOME/logs/hobbitclient.log
        INTERVAL 5m

I am seeing debug data on the client in the hobbitclient.log.
data wsweb1.orca
timestamp:1174567564
locltime:08:46:04
uptime:56953
state_D:0
state_N:0
<snip>
pagesfree:38533
pageslock:9990
pagestotl:62543

hobbitserver.cfg:
TEST2RRD="cpu=la,disk,inode,qtree,memory,$PINGCOLUMN=tcp,http=tcp,dns=tcp,
dig=tcp,time=ntpstat,vmstat,iostat,netstat,temperature,apache,bind,
sendmail,mailq,nmailq=mailq,socks,bea,iishealth,citrix,bbgen,bbtest,bbproxy,
hobbitd,files,procs=processes,ports,clock,lines,slab=ncv,orca=ncv"
GRAPHS="la,disk,inode,qtree,files,processes,memory,users,vmstat,iostat,
tcp.http,tcp,ncv,netstat,ifstat,mrtg::1,ports,temperature,ntpstat,apache,
bind,sendmail,mailq,socks,bea,iishealth,citrix,bbgen,bbtest,bbproxy,hobbitd,clock,lines,slab,orca"
NCV_orca="pagesfree:GAUGE"

hobbitgraph.cfg:
[orca]
        TITLE Orca info
        YAXIS Bytes
        DEF:pagesfree=orca.rrd:pagesfree:AVERAGE
        LINE2:pagesfree#00CCCC:pagesfree
        COMMENT:\n
        GPRINT:pagesfree:LAST:Pages Free \: %5.1lf%s (cur)
        GPRINT:pagesfree:MAX: \: %5.1lf%s (max)
        GPRINT:pagesfree:MIN: \: %5.1lf%s (min)
        GPRINT:pagesfree:AVERAGE: \: %5.1lf%s (avg)\n

hobbitlaunch.cfg:
        CMD hobbitd_channel --channel=status
--log=$BBSERVERLOGS/rrd-status.log hobbitd_rrd --rrddir=$BBVAR/rrd --debug
        CMD hobbitd_channel --channel=data
--log=$BBSERVERLOGS/rrd-data.log hobbitd_rrd --rrddir=$BBVAR/rrd --debug
        CMD hobbitd_channel --channel=client
--log=$BBSERVERLOGS/clientdata.log hobbitd_client --debug