Custom Graph Issue

Stewart stl19847 at yahoo.com
Wed Mar 21 05:00:39 CET 2007

I cannot get the RRD file to be created.

I have a script that polls a firewall via SNMP and returns the CPU
usage.  The test works fine and creates a column named "fwcpu".

bb 127.0.0.1 "status firewall.fwcpu green $now_string \n\ncpu : $cpu"

The output is as follows.

Tue Mar 20 23:47:22 2007

cpu : 10

I modified TEST2RRD to the following.
TEST2RRD="cpu=la,disk,inode,qtree,memory,$PINGCOLUMN=tcp,http=tcp,dns=tcp,dig=tcp,time=ntpstat,vmstat,iostat,netstat,temperature,apache,bind,sendmail,mailq,nmailq=mailq,socks,bea,iishealth,citrix,bbgen,bbtest,bbproxy,hobbitd,files,procs=processes,ports,clock,lines,fwcpu=ncv"

I also added...
NCV_fwcpu="cpu:GAUGE"

Shut down hobbit and made sure that the hobbitd_rrd processes were gone.
  restarted it and I get nothing in the RRD folder for the device.   I
_DO_ get "hobbit graph ncv:fwcpu" showing up in my test pages.

--
Stewart Larsen