[hobbit] Historical trends?

Aiello, Steve (GE, Corporate, consultant) steve.aiello at ge.com
Wed Mar 14 13:20:37 CET 2007

> The form layout on the trends page will probably change a
> bit, perhaps to some drop-down boxes.

Since you mentioned that the trends page may change a bit, I would like
to submit some ideas that I had about the trends page.

1. I consider the trends page to display the 'critical' trends. If too
many graphs are displayed, the page can get overwhelming or confusing. I
also find useful that more than one vmstat/netstat/etc graph is
available. What I would like to see is, if a particular graph displayed
on the trends page has sibling graphs (i.e. netstat1, netstat2, etc)
that an icon would be displayed next to the zoom icon. This icon would
link to a page with all of the sibling (netstat*) graphs.

2. On the graph page, offer the option to have the displayed graph data
exportable(i.e. user can click a link and download a file with the raw
RRD data points). This would also be great on the metrics report too. As
to the export formats, I am not sure, possibly csv and xml.

Just some thoughts, thanks again for Hobbit.
 ~Steve