[hobbit] Hobbit -vs- BB4

Hubbard, Greg L greg.hubbard at eds.com
Tue Mar 6 23:35:18 CET 2007

When I switched from BB to Hobbit to monitor a few tool servers, the CPU
usage on the monitoring server dropped significantly for the same
workload.  But for my money, one of the biggest wins in Hobbit is the
integration of RRD graphics throughout, and the ease of which you can
add your own tests with their own trend graphs.  Unless BB has played a
thorough game of catch-up, your management is planning to pay more to
get less, just so they can hold some vendor "accountable".

Just my own opinion, of course -- I speak for no one else.

GLH