Host URLs without bb-notes

shea4th at comcast.net shea4th at comcast.net
Mon Jun 25 23:00:26 CEST 2007

Hi all,

I have a handful of machines that have a URL to hit for remote access.  I thought it would be
great if I could embed the URL in the host column.  So like any good hobbit, I check the mailing
list first, but everything I found mentioned bb-notes and --docurl.  I didn't want hyperlinks for
every host, just the few I mentioned earlier.  While this is not the prettiest of solutions, it works
for me and wanted to share with the community.

I use a carefully crafted COMMENT tag in the bb-hosts file like:
10.10.10.10  HOST01-RA01        # testip https://10.10.10.10 COMMENT:"<AHREF=https://10.10.10.10/ target=_new>URL</A>"

Sincerely
-Grs-
Gregory R Shea