[hobbit] Installing perl-SNMP_Session

Daniel J McDonald dan.mcdonald at austinenergy.com
Thu Jun 21 23:58:45 CEST 2007

On Thu, 2007-06-21 at 15:20 -0500, Frank M. Ramaekers wrote:
> Thanks, but I don't have devmon installed.  I'm using yum to install
> devmon from the Razor's Edge RPM repository.  When I attempt to install
> devmon, yum complains:

It looks like the dependencies in the RPM are named wrong.  As long as
MRTG was installed, it brought along SNMP_Session and SNMP_utils with
it, so you should be able to do rpm -ivh devmon --nodeps
and all should be fine.

Note that the version of mrtg that is being loaded there is really old,
current is 2.15.2.  SNMP_Session has been updated several times since
then in the current mrtg distribution.

I have not yet played with devmon, mainly because it doesn't support
snmp v3, so I use mrtg as a poller and bbmrtg.pl to dump threshold
information into hobbit..

--
Daniel J McDonald, CCIE # 2495, CISSP # 78281, CNX
Austin Energy