[hobbit] Hobbit as a Package, Fedora Core 3

Daniel Bourque dbourque at weatherdata.com
Thu Jun 21 18:39:32 CEST 2007

Building rpms from tarballs are a major pain... just grab the src.rpm,
build it on a system that is like all your target systems, and rebuild
it with "rpmbuild --rebuild foo.src.rpm" . You'll only need to have
rddtools, pcre, devel rpms installed on the system where you rebuild the
rpm.

for example, I've rebuilt hobbit-4.2.0-1.src.rpm on a rh9 server. it
kicked out 3 rpms: server, client, tools.

So far I've installed the client rpm onto dozens of rh9,
fc3,fc4,fc6,el3,el4 boxes without having to install any other rpms.

hope that helps.

Daniel Bourque
Systems/Network Administrator
Weather Data Inc