[hobbit] Why BBSVCNAME,BBHOSTSVC invalid in my alert script?

Daniel Bourque dbourque at weatherdata.com
Thu Jun 21 16:50:57 CEST 2007

Note that lots of network check ( the ones defined in bb-services ) will
not report statuses on a line starting with &color, they start with
"Service..." . The following perl snippet is what I use to pick out
statuses in my custom notification script.

        $subject="$ENV{BBHOSTSVC}: $ENV{BBCOLORLEVEL} ";

        foreach( split('\n',$ENV{BBALPHAMSG}) ) {
                if ( /^\&(yellow|red|purple)/ ){
                        $message .= $_;
                }
                if ( /^Service.* not OK/ ){
                        $message = $_;
                }
        }

Then use smtp mail to send out an email, you can concatenate $subject
and $message togheter to if you whish to send out a message with no
subject, nice for phones and pagers.

Enjoy

Daniel Bourque
Systems/Network Administrator