Why BBSVCNAME,BBHOSTSVC invalid in my alert script?

casedj casedj at 21cn.com
Wed Jun 20 14:03:06 CEST 2007

Hobbit 4.2.0 on RHEL4, BB client 1.08d on Windows XP cici.

hobbit-alerts.cfg:
 HOST=cici       SERVICE=procs,svcs
          SCRIPT /home/hobbit/server/etc/alert-svcs.sh  cici

Some environment variables,e.g,BBSVCNAME,BBHOSTSVC are used in alert script,
but they actually weren't shown as specific service or process that triggered the alert while the service or process reached down, just generic string procs.

alert-svcs.sh
#!/bin/sh
echo "$BBHOSTSVC   reached error  state" |write hobbit
echo "$BBSVCNAME   reached error  state" |write hobbit

The result displayed as below:

Message from hobbit at my_linux on <no tty> at 22:21 ...
cici.procs   reached error  state
EOF

Message from hobbit at my_linux on <no tty> at 22:21 ...
procs   reached error  state
EOF

Thanks a lot.

Regards,