[hobbit] bug in hobbitlaunch pause loop ?

Henrik Stoerner henrik at hswn.dk
Mon Jun 11 17:19:26 CEST 2007

On Mon, Jun 11, 2007 at 03:59:59PM +0200, Charles Goyard wrote:
> When setting the system clock way back, the hobbit client "stalls" and
> reports get purple. Maybe hobbitlaunch should verify the clock did not
> step back.

You'll have worse problems than simply hobbitlaunch stalling.

A lot of the Hobbit data collection is time-based; clocks jumping back
causes all sorts of "interesting" things to happen with your RRD graphs
and the history logs. Not to mention the alert-repeat mechanism.

Sure, I can fix the hobbitlaunch stalling (already have) and some other
problems that will happen in parts of Hobbit when this occurs, but I
cannot fix the data that has been stored with a wrong timestamp.

So having your server time-sync'ed with NTP to a known good clock is more
or less a prerequisite for running Hobbit.