[hobbit] How to run an arbitary script on the client end?

Charles Jones jonescr at cisco.com
Fri Jun 8 22:48:59 CEST 2007

As far as I know there is no built-in functionality to dynamically
execute remote scripts and get their output. Others may have better
suggestions, but one way of doing it, is you could set the client-side
script to be launched by the hobbit client every X minutes, (via
clientlaunch.cfg). I'm not sure of the best way to get the script output
back to the hobbit server though. I guess you could have the script
output to a logfile , and then have the hobbit server monitor that log
via the normal log monitoring mechanism
.
-Charles