[hobbit] Upgrading Hobbit

Frank M. Ramaekers FRamaekers at ailife.com
Thu Jun 7 22:22:32 CEST 2007

-----Original Message-----
From: Rich Smrcina [mailto:rsmrcina at wi.rr.com]

Frank,

Try rpm -qpl <rpm filename>

Frank M. Ramaekers wrote:
> [...]

Rich Smrcina
---
Well, from the source, I get:

$ rpm -qpl hobbit-4.2.0-1.src.rpm
hobbit-4.2.0.tar.gz
hobbit-client.default
hobbit-client.init
hobbit-init.d
hobbit.logrotate
hobbit.spec

(Notice no directories)

The install package:
$ rpm -qpl FC5-hobbit-4.2.0-1.i386.rpm | more
/etc/hobbit
/etc/hobbit/bb-hosts
/etc/hobbit/bb-services
/etc/hobbit/bbcombotest.cfg
/etc/hobbit/client-local.cfg
/etc/hobbit/columndoc.csv
/etc/hobbit/hobbit-alerts.cfg
/etc/hobbit/hobbit-clients.cfg
/etc/hobbit/hobbit-nkview.cfg
/etc/hobbit/hobbit-nkview.cfg.bak
  :
  :

(Notice directory names included)

But when I tried to install the source, I got (because of permissions):
$ rpm -i ../hobbit-4.2.0-1.src.rpm
error: cannot write to %sourcedir /usr/src/redhat/SOURCES

So, it appears that there is some directory information that the -qpl
switch doesn't display

Frank M. Ramaekers Jr.
Systems Programmer                   MCP, MCP+I, MCSE & RHCE
American Income Life Insurance Co.   Phone: (254)761-6649
1200 Wooded Acres Dr.                Fax:   (254)741-5777
Waco, Texas  76701

This message contains information which is privileged and confidential and is solely for the use of the intended recipient.  If you are not the intended recipient, be aware that any review, disclosure, copying, distribution, or use of the contents of this message is strictly prohibited.
If you have received this in error, please destroy it immediately and notify us at PrivacyAct at ailife.com.