[hobbit] Highlights of the 4.3.0 version

Henrik Stoerner henrik at hswn.dk
Tue Jul 24 22:08:38 CEST 2007

On Tue, Jul 24, 2007 at 09:18:49AM -0500, Ralph Mitchell wrote:
> On 7/23/07, Scott Walters <scott at packetpushers.com> wrote:
> >
> >* Services with the most state changes, sorted by highest to lowest
> >(Maybe just Top 10).  Clicking on service would generate list of the
> >state changes for that period.  "PHB, the web group is performing way
> >too many undocumented code changes."
>
> Heh, that would be useful.  I've got a perl script using SOAP to get
> BigIP pool status and some joker has transferred some machines between
> BigIPs without removing the old definitions.  So, there's a bunch of
> systems/ports that flip/flop between enable & disable.  Whether
> they're red or green depends on which report comes in last.

That should actually be caught by another 4.3.0 feature: Flap detection.
If a status changes more than 10 times in 10 minutes, Hobbit deems it
"flapping" and stops logging status changes - instead, it fixes the
status at the most critical level reported.

Any hosts flapping are reported on the "hobbitd" status display.