[hobbit] Avoid alarm when hobbitd server lost connection

Johann Eggers Johann.Eggers at teleatlas.com
Tue Jul 24 10:09:01 CEST 2007

http://en.wikibooks.org/wiki/System_Monitoring_with_Hobbit/Administratio
n_
> Guide
>
> I have now monitoring the 'gateway' (conn), but how I notice hobbit
and
> other servers checks that 'gateway' is the first router?
>
> Can you please paste here a example configuration?

Scenario:

You have a remote network in which you want to monitor host(s). You
reach this network via router1 on the remote site. So your definition
will be like this:

x.x.x.x somehost # route:router1

This tag changes the color reported for a ping check that fails, when
one or more of the hosts in the "route" list is also down. A "red"
status becomes "yellow" - other colors are unchanged. The status message
will include information about the hosts in the router-list that are
down, to aid tracking down which router is the root cause of the
problem.

Regards
Johann