[hobbit] Highlights of the 4.3.0 version

Asif Iqbal vadud3 at gmail.com
Mon Jul 23 02:01:12 CEST 2007

On 7/21/07, Henrik Stoerner <henrik at hswn.dk> wrote:

> In another thread, someone asked about what new features are planned for
> version 4.3.0. I've summarized them below; they have all been
> implemented by now. Some of them have been contributed by others over
> the past year - I'm pleased to have finally gotten their patches merged.
>
> There are some open bug-reports, and the plan now is to try and get
> those fixed. Once that is done I'll ask you all to start testing the
> beta-versions, and then a new release is hopefully available soon.
>
> This doesn't mean that I won't consider adding new stuff before the
> 4.3.0 release, but right now the plan is to get 4.3.0 shipped with
> the current set of features. But if I've missed someone's favourite
> patch or feature request, do let me know.

Here is another feature I like to see.

A way for the hobbit server to request hobbit clent to run a command locally
based on an alert.

(Pretty similar to sending a request to the client to download newer version
from download dir)

May be a  dir  called  ~hobbit/server/command  (like
~hobbit/server/download)

In that command file define the command.

Then in the ~hobbit/server/etc/client-local.cfg file define a class and in
the class
have a attribute like
    clientcommand: command definition

And in the bb-hosts file msgs:command

So whenever there is a msgs alert run that command locally on the client

Major new features

--
Asif Iqbal
PGP Key: 0xE62693C5 KeyServer: pgp.mit.edu