Apparently random and unexplained purple behavior?

Haertig, David F (Dave) haertig at avaya.com
Fri Jul 20 18:36:59 CEST 2007

Any ideas why one test (procs) from the standard Hobbit client would go
purple when other tests performed at the same time by the same client do
not?  On the purple procs test, I click on the "client data available"
link and see that it has current info for the "[ps]" section, but still
the procs column shows purple.  The other columns, disk, memory, etc.,
are fine.

The default section of my hobbit-clients.cfg has cron as the only proc
to check for (keeps the light green rather than gray for the
light-watchers who get nervous for any non-green color).  I've only
noticed this random purple behavior on the procs column on one machine
(an older Solaris 7 box).  I can't say that it's never occurred on other
servers I monitor, just that I haven't noticed it if it has.

Thanks!