Moving from BB to Hobbit

Jeffrey Parker jwprkr at gmail.com
Mon Jul 9 04:46:14 CEST 2007

Hi Hobbits,

      I have read the BB to Hobbit migration guide, and I have a
question that I don't think was covered by the document directly.  I
have both a BB and test Hobbit servers up and running.  I have a few
of the monitored clients sending updates to both servers as a test.
Now that I am convinced that Hobbit is ready to be put in production,
I would like to switch the two, i.e., just switch the hostnames and
IP's. and put the hobbit server in the BB server's place.  This would
save us from having to change the BBDISPLAY host on all the monitored
clients.  All of the Hobbit server software was compiled and built on
the test system with the test name and IP.  Can I just change the IP
and hostname on the test machine to the production server and bring
the BB server down and be OK, or will I have to re-compile everything
once I switch them?

Thanks in advance,

Jeff

--