[hobbit] Need help on telnet fine tune in bb-services

Tod Hansmann thansmann at directpointe.com
Mon Jul 2 23:19:34 CEST 2007

It looks like you have some odd configuration, as the telnet column
should end up a separate test for each host.  So you'd see a page with
something like:

	Some Header		conn	telnet	info	trends
Login1.domains.tld	green	red/yellow	green	green
Login2.domains.tld	green	green		green	green
Login3.domains.tld	green	green		green	green

So either you have a configuration problem in your bb-hosts, or it's not
actually failing for the box that is doing the network tests.

As far as the response when you telnet manually, that's a configuration
on the telnet server, not hobbit.  As such I can't speak for it.

Tod Hansmann
Network Engineer