[hobbit] Sample of Hobbit server-side module (was: Who Test)

Jerry Yu jjj863 at gmail.com
Sun Jan 28 14:42:34 CET 2007

Why reinvent the wheel ;) An easier way may be just to add a 'who-got-root'
trigger to Hobbit's LOG monitor against /var/log/messages or
/var/log/secure.  For example, on Fedora Core 6, you get  these tell-tale
entries in /var/log/secure. The first was failed attempt while the 2nd is
successful attempt.

Jan 28 08:37:14 box1 su: pam_unix(su-l:auth): authentication failure;
logname=joe uid=500 euid=0 tty=pts/0 ruser=joe rhost=  user=root
Jan 28 08:37:19 box1 su: pam_unix(su-l:session): session opened for user
root by joe(uid=500)

If these entries got forwarded to a remote syslog server, the trigger would
be much less vulnerable to tempering.