[hobbit] Todays Snapshot 25/1-07

Henrik Stoerner henrik at hswn.dk
Fri Jan 26 14:48:42 CET 2007

On Fri, Jan 26, 2007 at 02:32:33PM +0100, lars ebeling wrote:
> Ok, I untared the snapshot and ran configure, make, make install
>
> Statuspages were empty.
>
> Then I applied the patch and ran, make and make install
>
> Then I got the statuspages.

Is your hobbitd setup to listen on a specific IP-address (with the
--listen option in hobbitlaunch.cfg) ? What's your BBDISP setting?

Hobbit 4.2 (and earlier) sends all requests over TCP/IP. I recently
added a second interface going via a Unix domain socket since this is
faster (and slightly more secure). There is then an optimization in
how requests are sent to hobbitd - if you run "bb" with a "localhost"
or "127.0.0.1" address, then it will use the Unix domain interface
instead of TCP/IP.

The patch fixes a bug where all requests were sent through the Unix
domain interface, instead of using TCP/IP for remote requests. I cannot
quite understand why it has the effect you've seen. I actually stumbled
across this bug some time ago while rushing out a new Hobbit version at
work, but apparently I never got the fix committed to my sourcecode tree
at home.