NCV parsing status message

Torben Aagaard torben.aagaard at gmail.com
Wed Jan 24 11:40:31 CET 2007

Hi all

I have Hobbit 4.2.0 and devmon running, monitoring a few custom Checkpoint
SNMP agents.

The devmon script outputs something like this :

status fw-m1,foo,dk.fw1 yellow Wed Jan 24 11:13:17 2007

fwNumConn: 27321 &yellow  Connection Table high
fwPeakNumConn: 30993

Devmon version 0.2.2 running on mon

I set up the NCV stuff as per the "How to setup custom graphs" page, and
everything is working.

However - I'd like to move the status message "&yellow  Connection Table
high" to the top of the page - and possible add some more info.
I tried moving the color and message to the top of the status message, but
it seems like NCV is trying to create a RRD ds for every line:

2007-01-24 20:37:19 RRD error updating /var/lib/hobbit/rrd/fw-
m1.foo.dk/fw1.rrd from 127.0.0.1: unknown DS name 'yellowConnectionTab'

A rrdtools dump shows that a ds was created with the name
"greenConnectionTabl".

Is every line in the status message parsed?
How can I add info to the status message and still have my graphs working ?

Thanks

BR
/Torben