[hobbit] Dependency sytem in Hobbit

Marganne, Etienne emarganne at be.tiauto.com
Mon Jan 22 13:18:33 CET 2007

Hello all,

After another deep look into Hobbit mechanisms, it looks like the idea of
using the combo tests to create a tree structure is good and you can link
that structure to the alerts. This is done by putting rules that are based
upon combo tests since they are considered as standard tests (with an
historic, statistics ...).

Now the idea would to stop the alert floods triggered when a critical device
on a path falls down. The tree structure helps gathering all the necessary
informations into one test. We can now trigger alerts on those alerts
preferably than on common bb-hosts tests, but the flood still remains. It
remains because you have to trigger alerts on each combo tests to know
exactly where it has failed. And since all your combo tests are involved
whenever a failure occurs at some point the following nodes will be
unreachable in this case:

A - 1 - 2 - 3 - F

If anybody has an idea he is welcome ... :-)

Etienne Marganne,

TI Automotive.

  _____