[hobbit] hobbit monitoring

Stef Coene stef.coene at docum.org
Wed Jan 17 14:04:29 CET 2007

On Wednesday 17 January 2007 10:38, Stef Coene wrote:
> Same for trending, hobbit is not powerfull enough for our needs.  And we
> don't have the C knowledge to change hobbit.  One of the problems is that
> there is 1 rrd file / check.  But we have checks where the number on 1 page
> we want to graph can change over time.
Just wondering, how hard would it be to create an extra channel for trending?
So you can use the bb client to send "numbers" to the hobbit server together
with some extra control information.

bb <bb server> trends <server name>

<rrd file name> is the name of the rrd file.
<ds name> is the name you want to store in the rrd file
<number> is the number you want to store in the rrd file
<options> can be used to specify rrd settings (for instance type GAUGE)

Maybe you can also specify somehow that you want to use 1 rrd for multiple
counters.

This can be very powerfull because you can put any number in a rrd file.

Stef