[hobbit] Monitoring Cisco routers

Hubbard, Greg L greg.hubbard at eds.com
Thu Jan 11 17:55:18 CET 2007

There is a devmon Web page somewhere that tells you what is needed.
Google "devmon" and see what you find.

Devmon runs as a daemon, but there is a devmon command you can run every
so often via hobbitlaunch to get devmon to re-read bb-hosts.

There are some "features" about devmon that may make it less desirable
in certain environments:

A) Nothing is graphed -- traffic and errors numbers live in tables.

B) There is no convenient way to control which interfaces in a device
are monitored.  There are some inconvenient ways, however.

C) Devmon has a pretty big default footprint.  You can tune it a little
bit, but you need to know what you are doing.

GLH