Disable netstat test

Lee J. Imber toaster at imber.com
Mon Jan 8 22:47:09 CET 2007

Greet,

Just had a new issue pop up and looking for some suggestions/help.

We had to enable a firewall to do BGP routing for a new Colo Install.

Once the firewall received the routes from the edge router hobbit
went insane.

What does insane mean?

Well, it no longer sent updates the hobbit server. Also, if I tried
to restart hobbit, hobbit consumes 100% of the CPU.

I get the following in the logs :

2007-01-08 18:02:28 Write error while sending message to
bbd at 172.16.2.10:1984
2007-01-08 18:02:28 Whoops ! bb failed to send message - write error

I have already allocated more memory on the FreeBSD box.

What is most likely happening is hobbit runs the netstat command and
expects to get a few routes not 250,000 of them! And this is where it
is hanging.

Any idea how to disable the netstat test in the hobbit client?

Or perhaps another way around this?

Thanks,

Lee