[hobbit] find host problem

John Glowacki johng at idttechnology.com
Fri Feb 23 18:18:17 CET 2007

I have seen minor issue that sounds like what you are trying to describe.

Starting URL.
http://10.10.10.12/hobbit-cgi/bb-findhost.sh

URL after search with "jump to page" unckecked. (works)
http://10.10.10.12/hobbit-cgi/bb-findhost.sh?host=pymon01&SUB=Search

URL after search with "jump to page" checked. (http host changed from ip
to hostname, I think this is where your problem is)
http://pymon02/hobbit//#pymon01

URL after search with "jump to page" checked but with more than one host
returned. (works)
http://10.10.10.12/hobbit-cgi/bb-findhost.sh?host=mon&jump=on&SUB=Search

I believe it has to do with the use of calling BBWEBHOST in the jump
code. What is BBWEBHOST set to? Run bbcmd and echo $BBWEBHOST. Does that
hostname exist? Or a better question might be is it resolvable from the
system you are running your browser from?

web/bb-findhost.c
        if (dojump) {
                if (gotany == 1) {
                        printf("Location: %s%s\n\n",
xgetenv("BBWEBHOST"), oneurl);
                        return 0;
                }
                else if ((gotany > 1) && (gotonepage == OP_YES)) {
                        printf("Location: %s%s/%s/\n\n",
                               xgetenv("BBWEBHOST"), xgetenv("BBWEB"),
onepage);
                        return 0;