getting admin-senders to send

Jones, Jason (Altrincham) JasonAS_Jones at mentor.com
Wed Feb 21 11:32:24 CET 2007

Hi all,

Currently we have a proxy setup where data from one site a main hobbit
server however both the local and remote hobbit server host the hobbit
webpages for their respective servers.  Anyway since ack's etc. are all
done on the server-side you can ack an alert on one server but the other
doesn't react to it at all.

Is there anyway to get hobbit to send the acknowledgment etc. message
from one server to the other, I have already set-up hobbitd on the proxy
as follows:

[hobbitd]
        ENVFILE /usr/local/hobbit/server/etc/hobbitserver.cfg
        CMD hobbitd --no-daemon --listen=127.0.0.1
--pidfile=$BBSERVERLOGS/hobbitd.pid --restart=$BBTMP/hobbitd.chk
--checkpoint-file=$BBTMP/hobbitd.chk --checkpoint-interval=600
--log=$BBSERVERLOGS/hobbitd.log --store-clientlogs=!msgs
--admin-senders=127.0.0.1,<EXTERNAL PROXY IP>,<REMOTE SERVER IP>

Looking at ~/cgi-secure/hobbit-ackinfo.sh I can't see any $BBSERVERIP
entries but I was wondering if I could just copy and paste the exec
statement but alter the $BBSERVERIP variable to point to the other
server?

Thanks,
Jason.