[hobbit] ncv can´t handle negative values

Henrik Stoerner henrik at hswn.dk
Tue Feb 20 07:41:26 CET 2007

On Mon, Feb 19, 2007 at 07:00:44PM -0500, Kern, Thomas wrote:
> Just for safety, we should add a plus "+" and a comma "," to the
> string, in case some source of data provides +9,876.54 as a value.

Agree with the '+', and that is already in my source - but the comma
won't work. The value data is passed directly to rrdtool, and it doesn't
allow for commas.

It also depends a lot on where you are. Where I come from, that number
would be written as "9.876,54" - ie the dot and comma switches place.