CPU Utilization, Less Averaging

James Wade jkwade at futurefrontiers.com
Fri Feb 16 19:31:16 CET 2007

Can I set the vmstat collection to average less

and collect more data points? The users here

don't agree with the CPU Utilization Graph,

they don't like the way the Average doesn't

fluctuate much.

Basically, they are comparing the Load graph

with the Utilization Graph and want to see the

graph correlate more with the Load Graph.

My understanding is that the Utilization Graph

is using a 5 minute cpu idle average from vmstat.

Can I change vmstat to take a 15 second average

as an example, and do more counts so more datapoints

are graphed?

Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Thanks.James