[hobbit] IIS access

Aiello, Steve (GE, Corporate, consultant) steve.aiello at ge.com
Fri Feb 16 14:32:57 CET 2007

One way to do this is to write a vbscript. You can query this data via the Windows Performance Libraries. A snippet of how to do this would be:

Set oPerfLib=GetObject("Winmgmts:{impersonationlevel=impersonate}!\Root\Cimv2").ExecQuery("Select * from Win32_PerfRawData_W3SVC_WebService where name='Default'")
CurAnonUsers=oPerfLib.CurrentAnonymousUsers
CurAuthUsers=oPerfLib.CurrentNonAnonymoususers

I have a script that I use that runs mostly on IIS5 servers, but I believe this will work on IIS6.

Thanks,
 ~Steve